Thursday, July 21, 2011

i hate bill collectors. ALL of them. but ones from IHC seem to be the worst, altho i havent heard from the University yet, they may end up being worse... those of you who know me personally know my financial situation...and the rest of you can guess {im sure you get it right!}

IHC called a few days ago, about an outstanding balance from one of our many ER visits....i dont have the money to pay it. but they will not accept that. the girl was very RUDE, when i told her Jason had passed, her response "i know." if we would have been face to face i would have slapped her. after telling her again, there is no way i can afford to pay the balance, her telling me we need to get this taken care of she agreed to send me financial aid papers, which im sure once filled out they will write off the balance, but she doesnt have to be so rude. people really need to be taught customer service, especially with the situation...

Logan radiology called earlier today, the dude on the phone was as nice as could be! asked for Jason, when i told him he had passed away in april, he apologized for the situation, then asked if there was anything left from the trust, there was no trust, since jason was sick at such a young age. okay ill see what i can do about the balance, again i am sorry, have a good day. thank you!!
why cant all people i have to deal with be like this dude?! i would answer the phone a lot more if they were....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, yeah, it really sucks that they can do that to you! I am sorry that some people you deal with do not understand the meaning of compassion, they simply don't experience that feeling. Yet occasionally you get someone who has a heart, and if you are really lucky they listen to their hearts and back off a bit. I hope that you do encounter more people like that. -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope, that really pisses me off! I'm sorry, that stupid girl was soo rude and inconsiderate. Makes me want to call them up and ask who they think they are and need to learn etiquette and respect. I know that they may get the run around on other people, and may have a hard time getting people to have their bills paid... but still that is no way in any circumstance to talk to someone like that! and to say, Oh "I know", I'd do more than slapping. I do hope that anyone else you encounter will be like the dude!

    Cailey

    ReplyDelete