Wednesday, June 1, 2011

today is our engagement anniversary. i remember the day like it was yesterday....it wasnt anything too special, but it was perfect. perfect for us. 3 years ago today, i knew without a doubt we would spend forever together...and i found out how well he was at picking out jewelry!

i wish things felt as if they were getting easier. im so lost, i hate being here without jason. i would do anything for him to be here with me. its all so unbelievable, still.


we had spent the day in idaho with my family. i had gone over to my sisters house to see her new flooring in the bathroom, and jason had stayed at my parents {wasnt sure why} come to find out he was asking my dads permission, in a room full of people! and of course my dad said no. {everything is a joke in my family} after talking to my parents {and everyone else in the room} they wanted to see the ring, and jason being as sneaky as he was had hid the ring in MY CAR under MY SEAT for like a week, waiting for the right time to ask...so needless to say my entire family saw the ring before me. {i had no idea}

we had gotten back to logan late, but had to go back because i had work in the morning. i was taking stuff into my apartment then had to pee really bad, i came out of the bathroom and jason was writing something on my body mirror {which i didnt think much of cause he was always writing me love notes} i was on my way back out to the car to get stuff, and he stopped me in the living room. got down on one knee, and had this big long speech {that he butchered} but it was perfect. told me he loved me needed me wanted to spend forever with me...and i said yes!♥ cried a little, took a pic and sent it to EVERYBODY.

i {we were} was so excited for everything, our lives to begin, my ring! that fact that he surprised me, we had talked about what we wanted our lives to be like, but never really said much about it being with each other, it was just a known thing we didnt have to talk about it, we knew we wanted to spend forever with each other. i think i got about an hour of sleep that night, but i was excited to go to work to show off my ring to all my girls n my gmas!

i still have the mirror, and everything written on it {ill take a pic next time im home} he spelled committed wrong, and i love it. i caught him trying to fix it one day, n told him he couldn't because it was perfect the way it was. {he says he spelled it wrong because he was trying to hurry} we always joked about being forever commited. my ring is engraved with forever commited {his love you forever my superman}

3 comments:

  1. I've forgotten how he asked you? I remember him telling me he was going to ask you, he was so excited and he asked if he picked the right ring out (which he did!!)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the picture you sent. It was before we became so close and I just remember thinking not fair my younger cousin was getting married before me! Then I met Jason and fell in love with him and completely understood why you wanted to spend your life with him. Your ring is beautiful (and big) and I know you love showing it off, as you should.

    I love ya,
    Timari

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry im a few days late on happy engagment day! but i love your story of how he propsed, i never heard it! sooo cute and i think its awsome you still have the mirror!! lots of love!! i was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing and what you been up to, i love your boldness and how you say what you feel, i wish i could have the strength you have to do that! Love you lots Hope!! Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete